Listen to this EXTENDED explanation of Turnaround with samples from the program.
Take the fear out of anxiety and your child will regain hope!
Your child dreads anxiety! Anxiety scares your child making her or him feel very confused, misunderstood, alone, and hopeless. The good news is that your child can overcome it. Child anxiety is the number one mental health problem for both children and adults in most countries. Because of this anxiety has been extensively researched and effective treatments have been developed. Building on this research, Dr. David Russ and Dr. Christopher McCarthy created Turnaround to help your child overcome anxiety. Thousands have been set free from their fears, and once your child listens to Turnaround, they too will turn their anxious fears into freedom!
What is Turnaround: Turning Fear Into Freedom?
Turnaround is a proven, effective audio program that will teach your child what anxiety is, how it works, and how to overcome it. Turnaround is truly an unique program because unlike other materials, Turnaround speaks directly to your child. Each day, your child will listen to a 20-25 minute “lesson” and then complete a few exercises in the Turnaround Journal. There are 10 lessons in all. The “lessons” are embedded into an adventurous camping story in which six anxious kids take a 10-day hiking trip with Dr. David, Dr. Chris, and Emily, who is a teen mentor to the kids. In Turnaround, kids speak to kids! Fourteen child-actors and six adult-actors were hired to ensure that your child would remain interested in the material and really want to hear it! We also added animated characters to make it even more entertaining. The result is a clever blend of proven treatment methods inside an exciting story that your child will love, guaranteed or your money back!
Who is behind Turnaround?
Dr. Christopher McCarthy and Dr. David Russ having been working with children in both clinical and non-clinical settings for over 40 years! They both specialize in anxiety and daily help children overcome anxiety. Their own children also struggled with anxiety, so they know first-hand what a parent goes through with an anxious child.
In 2008, after reviewing available online material for parents to use with their anxious child, both doctors were troubled by what they saw. The material was not based upon researched methods, was geared towards parents who would then have to pass along the material to their child, and really offered limited help. Because of their unique training, experience and desire to help more children, they decided to create a professional, evidenced-based treatment program that speaks directly to children (bypassing the need for the parent to play therapist) in the language that made sense AND held their attention.
Watch this interview with Dr. Christopher McCarthy: He discusses separation anxiety, the components of anxiety, and how the Turnaround program helps children overcome their fears.
Thousands of Turnaround programs sold worldwide!
Turnaround launched in April of 2010. By 2014, thousands of programs have been either shipped or downloaded worldwide. The feedback we have received from both parents and children has been beyond out wildest hopes. Here’s a sample from a young boy who personally wrote us about his experience with Turnaround:
“For the 2 people who made my world a better place. Dear Dr. Chris & Dr. David, I love listening to Turnaround soooo much. I would like to tell you how I feel. Before I started Turnaround I felt horrible. But now after listening to Turnaround 2 times I feel a lot better! Love ____”
Turnaround is purchased by parents all over the world! Not only do children in the USA love Turnaround, but it is also a hit in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Kits have also been shipped to families New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland. English speaking families, many in the military, have purchased Turnaround from Dubai, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, and Germany.
Initial Findings from a Research Study:
Recently, we received research data from a study done in Australia. The results of the random controlled trials (RCT) were VERY strong regarding the effectiveness of Turnaround. Here are some summary highlights:
- The Turnaround program was effective in reducing the clinical severity rating of the primary diagnosis, decreasing the number of diagnoses held, improving overall level of functioning, reducing child and parent report of anxiety symptoms, and reducing the experience of anxiety.
- For all measures, these improvements were either maintained or improved upon at 3-month follow-up.
- The percentage of children free from their primary diagnosis is comparable to that found in traditional face-to-face CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) for child anxiety.
- Comparing Turnaround to computerized interventions, it would appear that Turnaround is similar in terms of the percentage of children free of their primary diagnosis following treatment. It should also be noted, that both compared programs include therapist support, while Turnaround does not, making the results of Turnaround particularly impressive.
- Audio-treatment programs have the potential to circumvent many barriers to seeking help and may increase availability by being more flexible and convenient, and less time intensive.
- It is also important to comment on the ability of Turnaround to treat comorbid (more than one at the same time) anxiety diagnoses. Children rarely present with one anxiety diagnosis. The results from this research suggest that Turnaround is not only able to reduce primary anxiety diagnoses, but comorbid disorders as well, with almost half of the children being free from any diagnosis at 3-month follow-up.
- This preliminary research suggests not only significant treatment outcomes, but also low rates of attrition (zero-level in this study) and high levels of consumer satisfaction.
 This is s specific type of scientific experiment and the gold standard for a clinical trial. Key to this is the random assignment of subjects to two or more alternative treatments. After assignment each group is followed in the same way. The only difference is in the type of treatment they receive. The random assignment minimizes any bias that might otherwise taint the results.
Are there any risks?
Turnaround is virtually risk free with up to a 90-day money-back guarantee. It is now available for immediate download so you can start to help your child today.
Need more help?
If you need more help Doctors Russ and McCarthy are available on a limited basis by videoconference at an extra charge.